NLSA Molson Challenge Cup



Sunday, April 19, 2009

Congratulations !! Robert Slaney

Congratulations Robert !!!

You can bet that the family and friends of Robert Slaney are very proud and so they should be. I'm a life long Leaf Fan and now to have, what I would refer to as, one of our very own to wear the Maple Leaf makes me very proud. I'm sure I can speak for all of St.Lawrence when I say, St.Lawrence is very proud as well.
When I was down in Florida on Easter vacation, I received no less than ten emails informing me of Slaney's signing with Toronto. The 20-year-old son of Val and Edith said his family and friends in all of Newfoundland and Labrador and Cape Breton were ecstatic to hear the news of his NHL contract. The pride of Upper Island Cove, N.L. has signed a three-year contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs.“It’s been in discussion for the past two weeks and we got her done,” said Slaney, who led the Screaming Eagles in the 2008-09 regular season both in goals, with 36, and points, with 81. Slaney was honoured twice at the Screaming Eagles’ recent awards banquet, as the team’s regular season scoring champ and with the fans’ choice award.
St. Lawrence Homecoming ???
This summer, in August, St.Lawrence will be celebrating a Homecoming. I would like to suggest to the Homecoming Committee to have Robert there for the opening celebrations. I'm sure he will be the pride of every one of his relatives on the Burin Peninsula, including the Slaney's the Hollett's and every Leaf fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment