Town of St. Lawrence
What exactly are some traits that sets the ‘winners’ apart from the ‘losers’?
- Having A Dream- All feats of great success and achievement start with a dream. Without a dream you have nothing to drive and inspire you into action. A dream is very powerful motivating force and it can also act as a compass pointing you in the right direction and ensuring you stay on track.
- Sacrifice-There is no easy path to becoming the best…to becoming a champion. To achieve your sporting dreams then you have make the necessary sacrifices. Nights out on the town have to be replaced with countless hours of practice and preparation.
- Hard Work- Winners all have an insatiable appetite for hard work. They understand the values of hard work and they pay their dues through sweat, blood and tears to achieve excellence.
- Belief- Belief is an absolute must for any success. All the sporting greats of our time had this unquenchable belief in themselves and their ability. Our inner beliefs originate from the most powerful part of our mind- our subconscious. Our subconscious mind is the power centre which controls all our actions, behaviors and movements.
- Perseverance- Winners have the ability to hang in there, even when things aren’t going their way. They possess a mental strength…a ‘never quit’ attitude which enables them to ride the storm of adversity and challenge to come out victorious at the end.
- Focus- Achieving any dream or goal requires focus. You can’t waiver and get distracted. What makes a winner stand out is their ability to focus somewhat obsessively on their goal. They have an unwavering discipline and determination to shield themselves from everyday distractions and opportunities and focus purely on their goal.
- Love of Competing- Winners thrive on competition. Having the opportunity to pit their skills against all comers seems to put fire in the bellies and enhances their performance. They don’t shy away and fade into the background. Their attitude is alike to a gladiator entering the Coliseum. They are prepared and ready for battle.