NLSA Molson Challenge Cup



Sunday, July 15, 2012

Congratulations to Kevin Pittman !

Kevin Pittman


Pittman reaches milesstone
Long time NLSA official, Kevin Pittman refereed the Molson Challenge Cup match between St. Lawrence and Mount Pearl and it was his 2000th game.
Actually, I can remember back some 30 years ago when it was Kevin, Alec "Bo" Slaney ,Jackie Walsh and myself that attended a referee's course given at the Burin Peninsula Vocational School. I believe Ern Foote was the instructor. The rest of us did officiate at various provincial levels but it was Kevin who took it to another level. Kevin referred at local, provincial and at National Levels .

What do I most remember Kev for?
 I remember Kev referring one particular game when I was coaching the Laurentians and we were playing a team from Ireland, in St. Lawrence .The team was touring Newfoundland. Kevin allowed 15 minutes of extra time and when  Ireland finally tied the match at 2-2 , he blew the whistle. I know, at that time, I was totally poisoned and I never forgot it. LOL

Congratulations Kevin

On behalf of the sport of soccer in NL, I would personally like to congratulate you on your milestone and wish you all the best in the future.



Gord D. 


No comments:

Post a Comment